Performs a variety of assembly work for business and residential, including: computer desks, office desks, dining room furniture, chairs, TV Stands, beds and bedroom furniture, coffee tables, end tables and other assemblies as required.
- Prepares work to be accomplished by studying assembly instructions, blueprint specifications, and parts lists; gathering parts, sub-assemblies, tools, and materials.
- Positions parts and sub-assemblies by using templates or reading measurements.
- Assembles components by examining connections for correct fit; fastening parts and sub-assemblies.
- Verifies specifications by measuring completed component.
- Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Maintains supplies inventory by checking stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed supplies; placing and expediting orders for supplies; verifying receipt of supplies.
- Conserves resources by using equipment and supplies as needed to accomplish job results.
- Documents actions by completing production and quality forms.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
Assembler Skills and Qualifications:
- Tooling, Safety Management, Quality Focus, Power Tools, Judgment, Decision Making.
- Color Vision: Assemblers will need to be able to identify different color wires, tabs and electronic components in order to put them together correctly.
- Dexterity: Assemblers work with their hands, whether directly manipulating components or using controls on an assembly machine.
- Math: Basic math is needed due to the technological needs of many assembly plants.
- Mechanical/Technical Skills: Assemblers need to be able to read and understand blueprints, manuals, and work with computers, machines and motion-control assembly robots to do their job.
- Strength: Some assembly jobs will require strength to lift heavy objects during the assembly process.
- Stamina: Assemblers are on their feet for long periods of time often doing repetitious motions.
Must have own transportation, cell phone and tools.
Job Type: Part-time, Full-time
Salary: $10.50 – 12.50/hr. Depending on experience
Experience: 2-3 years